Please click on the images to have an enlarged view.
Please do comment if you like/dislike any of the posts.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

50% Off on some shopping dot com, 70% off on more shopping dot com, numerous ads on TV hardly bothers me. A deal for me will be for a branded shirt with a tag of 1599 sold at 299 or probably even lesser. That will be like more than 80% off; nobody online gives you that, (forgetting the big billion day sale). Weekend shopping for me is going to a supermarket, getting grocery plus if I see any 80% off deals. That makes me happy!
This happened last weekend, while returning from “Tanu weds Manu part 2” which I felt should be watched on a theatre. I have rarely missed any Madhavan movie in big screen. I have been a fan ever since Sea Hawks came in DD-metro. A banner with Branded shirts in a store: 199 only. That’s my kind of deal!! Let’s check out. Went in, yes it was! 3 shirts.. Pure cotton.. 600 bucks.. DEAL STRUCK!!!
I ensure that each new clothing must be worn immediately. So, obviously had to the very next day to office. Grocery shopping makes me so happy, that I keep some items on hold for the weekdays. I entered my favorite supermarket. I had to get dal, atta and rice. So I was fetching them. One supermarket rule: make sure that you get the items from the last of the row, they are the newer ones. Anybody from MBA background will know that, even though I am not frown emoticon They keep the older ones at the front. One guy comes and asks: “Bhaiya, Toor dal kaha milega”. I pointed out ----> there!! Few minutes later, “Bhaiya, Non veg kaha milega”. I guided him too. I am so familiar with this supermarket that I knew their exact floor plan! And being from customer service industry, I should be always happy to help. It went for like 4-5 guys. Sudden realization, Why me?? Do they already know that I am familiar with this supermarket? I glanced around.. Goodness my 199 bucks shirt which I proudly adore, resembled the shirts of the store staff !! Without losing a minute, I ran to the billing counter and told to bill my stuff. Now, the billing lady says something, I didn’t understand at all but it must be my shirt again. I told her firmly that I am not her colleague but a customer and to bill it soon. Paid the bill and disappeared like a hurricane. Vowed never to wear the shirt, especially if I have plans to visit the store.

MORAL OF THE STORY
Next time you visit a store,make sure that you know their uniform:)

No comments:

Post a Comment