Please click on the images to have an enlarged view.
Please do comment if you like/dislike any of the posts.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Bhaiyaji and Edge puff

Me waiting at the food counter, eagerly awaiting for my favorite snack: Egg puff.
Me: "Bhaiya, one egg puff please".
Bhaiyaji: *No response*
Me: "Bhaiya, egg puff"
Bhaiyaji: *No response*

He was busy counting his 500s, meanwhile I chose to wait.
After 2 minutes, Bhaiyaji's sudden realization
Bhaiyaji: "You wanted something?"
My inner thought wanted me to say "No, I am just waiting to snatch your 500s"
Me: "Egg Puff, Bhaiyaji"
Bhaiyaji: "You should have said that instead of waiting" - in sarcasm
Me: "Okay, my mistake, sorry"
After 2 minutes, Bhaiyaji passes me the plate and it was a Veg puff and not the egg one
Me: "Bhaiya, I had asked for Egg puff"
Bhaiyaji: "Arey, aapne to Ek puff bola tha na."
Me: "No, I had said Egg puff" and pointed my finger to the displayed Egg puff in his counter
Bhaiyaji: "Oh EDGE puff, say it clearly na. Calling it to be Ek puff, so I thought you wanted 1 veg puff. So, you want one EDGE puff?"
His tone clearly depicting that I should be ashamed of myself.
Me: "Sorry Bhaiyaji, give me that one" and pointed my finger again
Bhaiyaji: "Arey inko Edge puff dena ek."
I wanted some tomato sauce, but thought not to embarrass myself again. God knows what he would call it. I took the egg oops **edge puff and vowed not to return to the food counter until I improve my pronunciation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment